Change font size
It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 03:14
extra income

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Evony resets connection when sending commands
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 13:06 

Cheerioh!

This is not a evobot related question, however I think this is the place where I could get help and I hope you will tolerate it ;-)

I'm doing my own experiments with remote controlling evony at the moment. But in contrast to evobot, I'm using C# (and FluorineFX for the AMF part). Logging in works perfectly, and I receive the login response with player information etc. I receive chat messages and system announcements as well.

However, if i try to send further commands to the server, the anwser is an ACK FIN TCP-segment - or in other words: connection reset. It doesn't matter which command I send, I tried several simple ones like player information or mapInfoSimple.

Now that I don't even receive an error message or something it's hard to find out why this happens. Does anyone of you have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Post subject: Re: Evony resets connection when sending commands
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2010, 19:19 

You are sending a malformed AMF packet, or sending a proper packet with an improper packet size. Basically you will get instantly d/ced if you send anything the server cannot understand. If you send a proper packet 100%, you should get a proper response whether it be a disconnect message because you can't do that or an error message.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 14:09 

Well then I don't understand why it works for the login, cause I use the same method for sending...

Another strange thing: If I don't send any command and just wait (and receive chat and system messages), after a certain timespan i get disconnected too - without any obvious reason. And I don't think you have to send keepalives (evobot contains a keepalive timer but it doesn't do anything).

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 04:32 

wululu wrote:
Well then I don't understand why it works for the login, cause I use the same method for sending...

Another strange thing: If I don't send any command and just wait (and receive chat and system messages), after a certain timespan i get disconnected too - without any obvious reason. And I don't think you have to send keepalives (evobot contains a keepalive timer but it doesn't do anything).

Age1 requires no keepalive but Age2 does.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 23:32 

bone-you wrote:

How are they supposed to look like? I couldn't find anything with Wireshark which looks like a keepalive. Except the quest requests which are sent from time to time without interaction...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 08:43 

wululu wrote:
bone-you wrote:

How are they supposed to look like? I couldn't find anything with Wireshark which looks like a keepalive. Except the quest requests which are sent from time to time without interaction...

Basically doing anything counts as a keepalive. Server just has to know you're still there. My evomap doesn't d/c and all it sends is map requests but if I stopped sending anything it'd d/c. The client works this out by sending resource/tech/quest update requests every 5 mins.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 11:41 

Good. Then I only have to find out why only gameClient.version and login work and nothing else. If only I had _any_ idea :?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]