Change font size
It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:53
extra income

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: IP gets banned with evobot 15.8
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 15:35 

Since started to test 15.8 my IP keeps getting banned.
No communications from evony, just unable to login until I change IP.

Checked and replicated it 3 times.
It happens when user forgets to pause the bot and log-in to evony from browser (might need a few times)

1st time this happened I could not log-in to particular servers (only those, where I used ebot 15.8) for 2 days (Network Connection error), but I could login to other servers (where bot was not used or earlier ver. was used) from the same computer.

I contacted Evony, but only received thir standard, BS response:

Quote:
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Evony support center. Please read the following statement and submit the required information accordingly. The more specific the information you provide the faster we can process your request. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Login Problem,

You are supposed to try the following steps to connect the game server:

Step 1: Visit the official Forum (http://bbs.evony.com/index.php) or the login page (www.evony.com) to check the status of game servers. If the servers are indicated as being unavailable, please try your connection again at a later time. This is our scheduled time table for server maintenance. Server 1: 3:00 CST Server 2: 3:30 CST Server 3: 4:00 CST Server 4: 4:30 CST Server 5: 5:00 CST Server 6: 3:15CST(Central Standard Time).

Step 2:Security software such as firewalls and security hardware such as routers are designed specifically to control your computer's incoming and outgoing connections. You may need to set up these security features to allow access to the game servers. If these are not set up correctly, the firewall or router may prevent you from connecting to the game server.

Step 3: Clear up your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies, close your browser and try again. Sometimes choose another browser works as well.

Account Problem,

Step 1: You can add noreply@mail.evony.com to your white list, and recover your password at http://user.evony.com/?PageModule=ForgetPassword

Step 2
Make sure the login email address is correspondent to the one you registered. If you forget or mis-spelled your user name, please provide us with the following information,

Server: the server you were playing, eg. Live Server 1 or Live Server 2.
Username: Your registered email address
Lord Name: Your in-game lord name
Number of Cities: The number of your cities in total

Best regards,
Evony Customer Support.

Finally, I have Changed the IP on the router and I was able to login immediately to the servers that caused trouble earlier. (however over 36 hours passed and my neighbours used the time well... by that time I lost my main city and over 500K troops :( )

I swiched all accounts back to ebot 15.7 and it was running fine for w few days.

Then I 've tried 15.8 again on 2 servers and the situation have repeated. - I can't login to thease particular servers with the same Network Errors, when other servers work fine.

I am going to change IP again, and see if it resolves (I am pretty sure that it will).

Post subject: Re: IP gets banned with evobot 15.8
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 16:50 

This explains why I can no longer log in while I am at work after the 16th.

I used to have the bot farm for me during work hours and before I would go to bed, I would remote connect to my work machine and have it farm. When I woke up in the morning I would log in at home with no issues.

Evobot would usually have issues when server maintenance happened, which is why I could log in from another machine in the morning while evobot was running at work. The new connect/disconnect handling code may have fixed these issues and got my work IP banned for the same reasons you did.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 16:52 

I had a lot of issues last night when attempting to pause and log in, and go back to evobot. I couldn't conclusively say what the issue was, as I've been using 15.8 without that issue, until last night -- but I didn't pause/resume with it until last night, so that may be a factor.

Code:
Disclaimer: I am not a dev.  Just a fan.  I mildly tinker with the code.  IRL, I am a pen-tester and general IT guy.  I make great martinis, too.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 16:58 

I have the same issue - I only just started using the bot, as I got tired looking for medals.

I logged into the bot and ran the script about half way through, paused and logged on to eveony no problem. Came out again of evony and restarted the bot and now I can no longer get back into evony.

Trouble is, I cannot change my IP....this is rather annoying....

How can I run version 15.7 ? I am currently using the online version. I downloaded the 15.8 zip file but I cannot see an exe in there ?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 17:21 

with evobot you need to run mainmenu.SWF
the last few days there have been server issues as declared by Thalen in the evony forum
also evobot has had a bit of a problem with pausing,entering evony, then unpausing
i believe this will be resolved in 15.9

Read the Code.Google issue page before asking questions or submitting new ideas
http://code.google.com/p/evobot/issues/list?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 17:27 

I haven't had this issue, but I use the bot slightly different from you guys.

When I am done with the bot I hit REFRESH on the bot page, that essentially logs the bot out.
Then I do my stuff in the evony client and REFRESH that page when done.
Go back to the bot and login, works like a charm.

I save my scripts in text files.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 17:33 

i do the same thing as trevor except i save my scripts before hitting refresh so i dont have to have text files anymore

Read the Code.Google issue page before asking questions or submitting new ideas
http://code.google.com/p/evobot/issues/list?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 19:08 

thanks that worked, phew

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 01:13 

trevor wrote:
I haven't had this issue, but I use the bot slightly different from you guys.

When I am done with the bot I hit REFRESH on the bot page, that essentially logs the bot out.
Then I do my stuff in the evony client and REFRESH that page when done.
Go back to the bot and login, works like a charm.

I save my scripts in text files.

I was having the IP issue, using this technique solves it. Thanks!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 01:45 

That alone did not work for me, but the following does work 100% to go from evony to evobot to evony

a. hit refresh to log out of evony. wait for it to fully reload the login screen.
b. close the tab that evony is running in.
c. open a new tab
d. run evobot

to switch back

e. press PAUSE -- forgetting to do this prevents logging into evony
f. refresh -- forgetting to do this prevents logging into evony
g. close the tab
h. open a new tab
i. run evony client.

I tried all sorts of other procedures and this is the only sequence that works all of the time. I found I could skip steps and it would work SOME of the time.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next